Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Divorce Details and Timeline
Keeping up with the Kardashian antics is difficult, but it can be even more difficult to keep up with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s divorce schedule. On February 19, multiple sources confirmed the couple’s divorce after months of split rumors, and no, we’re not over it. After four children, seven years of marriage, and nearly two decades of friendship, Kim and Kanye seemed to be around for the long haul. . . that is, until the second half of 2020 when rumors of marital problems began to emerge. There’s a good chance the divorce will be featured in last season of Keeping up with the Kardashiansbut if you can’t wait until then, here’s everything that’s gone down so far.
- Divorce rumors circulate. On January 5th several sources for Page Six allegedly claims “divorce is imminent” for Kim and Kanye. “Kim got Kanye to go up there [Wyoming] so they could lead separate lives and quietly sort things out to separate and get divorced. She’s done, “said an insider. On the same day, Kim posted a picture without her wedding ring on Instagram, but deleted the post three days later.
- More details about the rumored breakup become known. Soon after the news of the impending divorce came out, Us weekly shared the reported reason for Kim and Kanye’s split. “They had a big fight in early December,” a source claimed. “Kanye blew Kim up and she was really upset. Things between them don’t seem to have healed since then.” Another source for Us weekly claimed the two were not on the same page about the future. As the insider explained, “Kanye is jealous of the time Kim spent on prison reform and the kids. Kanye wanted the family to move to Wyoming full time. This is where he sees this direction of his life. Kim just doesn’t.” I don’t see her life entirely in Wyoming. ”
- Sources claim the divorce is amicable. On January 14th, E! News reported that there is “no bad blood” between Kim and Kanye and that their relationship is “warm.” A source reportedly added, “Kim wants to feel at peace in this new chapter of her life and is focused on herself and her children.”
- Sources claim Kim and Kanye gave up marriage counseling. Although the couple reportedly sought help from a marriage counselor, a source for People claimed Kim and Kanye decided to end marriage counseling on January 18. “He’s speaking to divorce lawyers this week,” the insider claimed, referring to Kanye.
- Kanye is seen for the first time in months. On January 24th, Kanye was seen getting on a plane with his entourage in LA. This was the first time he had been seen publicly since November 2020.
- Financial details arise. According to a source for Us weeklyKim reportedly started “talks” with her divorce attorney as early as July 2020 to determine an “exit strategy” from her marriage. “Kim had all of her finances and real estate from Kanye ready to be split up. [and] It’s a very fair deal for everyone, “the source claimed on Jan. 27.” Kim has all of her assets and finances ready when she decides to officially file. ”
- Kim goes on a girls trip to Turks and Caicos Islands. On January 30th, Kim was seen on a girls trip to Turks and Caicos Islands that included Kim’s daughters North and Chicago and her sisters Kourtney, Khloé and Kylie.
- Kim wears Yeezys in an Instagram post. On holiday, Kim apparently showed support for Kanye when she posted an Instagram on Jan. 31 posing in a bikini and a pair of Yeezy Foam Runners.
- Kim appears to be taking over Kanye’s closet. Kim featured her new Skims showroom on her Instagram Stories on Feb.2, and fans couldn’t help but notice that the space looked very much like Kanye’s former Yeezy showroom previously featured on David Letterman’s Netflix series .
- Kanye is said to have moved out. February 3rd sources for Page Six Kanye reportedly removed 500 pairs of shoes (among others) from the Calabasas mansion he shared with Kim.
- According to reports, Kim and Kanye are spending Valentine’s Day separately. Not surprising, People reported that Kim and Kanye would not celebrate February 14th together. “She has a Valentine’s Day party planned with her children and family,” said a source. “She likes to make it special for the kids. She has no contact with Kanye. It’s obvious that she’s just focused on the future.”
- Kanye is wearing his wedding ring. When Kanye was out and about in LA on Feb.17, she was photographed wearing a wedding ring, although Kim had previously been seen without her own ring several times. On the same day a source for People claimed Kanye was not coping well with the breakup. “Kanye is not doing well,” the insider claimed. “He’s scared and very sad. He knows that the marriage is over and that nothing can be done at the moment. He also knows what he’s losing in Kim.”
- Kim files for divorce from Kanye. After much speculation, Kim finally filed for divorce from Kanye on February 19, according to TMZ court records. Page Six Also confirmed the split, reporting that Kim’s divorce attorney Laura Wasser filed the papers on the same day the news broke. According to sources, Kim sought joint legal and physical custody of her four children. On the same day a source for Entertainment tonight claimed the divorce was a long time coming. As the insider explained, “Kim filing for divorce from Kanye is just a formal part of the process. The couple has been dated for a while and has been consensual for a while. At the end of the day, Kanye and Kim love each other immensely, but I knew.” that it was time to end it. Your children are her number one priority and no matter what a positive relationship is maintained for them. “
- Kim might send a message through her Instagram stories. On February 22nd, Kim posted an IG story with the song “Drivers License” by Olivia Rodrigo, and fans thought she could post a message about how she’s coping with the breakup ballad.
- Kim is seen with friends. After photos by Us weeklyKim got out with friends on February 23 for a night on the town.
- Sources claim Kim is concerned about Kanye. A source for Entertainment tonight Kim reportedly alleged on March 2 that Kim was concerned for her ex’s well-being during the divorce. “Divorce was difficult for him, but knowing he has access to his little ones and has split custody makes the transition easier,” the source said. The insider also noted that it was a relief for Kim, adding, “She is delighted that this chapter is coming to an end. She knows it is the healthiest thing for her and her family and she is ready to put this need behind to let oneself be public and personal. “
- Sources claim Kim will keep the house. According to a source for Us weeklyKim will divorce her and Kanyes Calabasa’s mansion. “She made her life there and it is her children’s main home,” the source claimed on March 3. “There was never a question – Kim would keep the house.”
- Like Kim, Kanye seeks joint custody of her children. According to judicial documents from IS! news In April, Kanye also agrees with Kim that neither party should pay spouses’ support.