Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season Two Begin February 25
- Play Outbreak, a new large-scale zombies experience. Travel across snow-covered slopes, vast fields and abandoned buildings as you outsmart and outwit hordes of zombies.
- A long forgotten ship. And a terrible secret that even the toughest soldier must shake. Sink your teeth in the newest season of Warzone.
- Get two free weapons (FARA 83 Assault Rifle and LC10 SMG) plus a variety of free and paid content in season two.
It’s going to be a great year for Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One as Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War introduces its content-rich second season, which contains four new maps, six freely available weapons, new Warzone POIs and, above all, the new zombies experience Outbreak.
Here’s some content to look forward to in Season 2 on February 25th:
New multiplayer maps
- Apocalypse (6v6, start week): Descend to a Laotian jungle cartel base in the heart of the Golden Triangle in the Apocalypse, a small to medium sized map built for aggressive combat in and around the temple fortress.
- Golova (multi-team, in season): What looks like a picturesque Russian village in the Urals is really a test field for expanding the number program designed by Nikita Dragovich. Fight in the sleepy city, from a massive church to its rows of houses and the industrial park.
- Mansion (2v2, 3v3, in season): This new Gunfight and Face Off card is located in Havana, Cuba, at the Hefe Villa (last seen in the campaign’s “End of the Line” mission) and features expansive courtyards around a centrally-packed space with an exposed balcony that can serve as a risky strength position.
- Miami Strike (6v6, In Season): Rise and Shine, Miami … soon it will be time to infiltrate in broad daylight. When the sun glistens on colorful murals, the action focuses on a smaller daytime rendering of the original map. The heat is always on the streets of Miami.
New multiplayer modes
- Gun game (Free-For-All, start week): The fan-favorite party game mode is back! Go through a set of 20 weapons, starting with a pistol and ending with a knife. Reset enemies by eliminating them with a melee attack or last pull. The first player to kill an enemy with each weapon wins the match.
- Stock (6v6, start week): Stockpile mixes Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint for a fast-paced, killing-intensive target game mode. Eliminate enemies, collect their dog tags and drop them off at rotating storage sites. Operators can wear and store multiple dog tags at the same time to massively increase scores and EP. But when you are taken out, your tags will be scattered for others.
- Hardpoint (multi-team, in season): In this squad-based mode that assigns 10 teams of four to conquer and defend three hardpoint hills, you’ll be deployed on the biggest maps in the Black Ops Cold War. The hills spin every 120 seconds and the first squad to reach 500 seconds total target time wins the match.
Six new earnable weapons
Season two brings serious firepower with six new weapons:
- FARA 83 (FREE with Tier 15) – This rapid-fire assault rifle is devastating in the hands of skilled operators who can control its reliable accuracy and slower handling.
- LC10 (FREE with Tier 31) – A well-rounded fully automatic SMG that competes in the mid-range due to its solid accuracy and extended effective damage range.
Unlock four more weapons – the R1 Shadowhunter, the Machete, the 20mm ZRG Sniper Rifle, and the Military Triple Shovel E-Tool – by completing the in-game challenges to obtain the basic weapon or by using a bundle with buy the blueprint version when it appears in store.
New zombies experience: breakout
Linked to the storyline of Dark Aether, Outbreak challenges players with objective play on the biggest multiplayer maps in the Black Ops Cold War.
Hunt down elite enemies with a satellite tracker, escort a rover that detects dimensional portals, or hold off against the zombies in limited regions of the dark ether – complete your objectives and get to the Exfil site. Will you escape via the helicopter or take your risk on the Dark Aether portal for additional rewards?
New field upgrade: Frenzied Guard
Relieve your teammates with Frenzied Guard, a new field upgrade that, when activated, forces all undead creatures to attack the user for 10 seconds. During this time only the armor is damaged.
Use Aetherium Crystals to enhance Frenzied Guard with powerful modifiers such as: For example, repairing all armor when activated, increasing the duration of the ability to 15 seconds, and slowing down normal enemies while they are active.
New ammunition mod: Shatter Blast
Turn heavy zombies into minced meat with the new ammunition mod Shatter Blast, which causes all bullets to cause explosive damage. Upgrade the skill to deal additional explosive damage to nearby enemies, knock down normal enemies, and double the size of the explosion.
Improve your skills on Tier IV and V.
Two new types of Aetherium Crystals – Refined and Flawless – can now be acquired and used to improve your Level IV and V skills. Hunt high laps in traditional zombies or conduct multiple breakout experiments in a single run for a chance to get these new crystals.
New game modes, points of interest in Warzone
The new season brings a new pool of loot to Warzone, including the new season two weapons and operators. Plus, play new game modes and explore two new attractions in Verdansk.
In exfiltration, players must locate a portable radio in Verdansk and hold it for a set period of time in order to win the game. The player holding the radio is marked on the tac card along with a timer that tells how long it will be before he wins. Prepare for a frantic battle in Rebirth Island Resurgence Extreme, a time-limited mode that supports up to 90 players.
Regarding the new sights, initial information suggests a cargo tanker has disappeared from the radar, while murmurs around Verdansk suggest something is happening beneath its surface. Explore these new areas at your own risk.
New Battle Pass, Prestige Levels and more
Season two offers all of this and more with a new Battle Pass, four new playable Operators – Naga, Maxis, Wolf and Rivas – new levels of prestige, the Death Machine Scorestreak, Escape Vehicles, a range of new Multiplayer and Zombies challenges, and much more.
Haven’t you joined the fight yet? Get Black Ops Cold War on the Xbox Store today and get ready for Season 2 on February 25th.
Complete the mission.
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Gene Cross Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
Buy this Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War from the Microsoft Store and download the Xbox Series X | S version at no additional cost. The Cross-Gen Bundle includes: – The Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War game – Contains the Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S Version – Confrontation Weapons Pack The legendary Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – the direct sequel to the original and popular Call of Duty®: Black Ops. Black Ops Cold War will take fans into the depths of the volatile geopolitical struggle of the Cold War in the early 1980s. Nothing is ever what it seems in a gripping single player campaign, where players are confronted with historical characters and harsh truths as they travel around the globe through iconic locations like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey and the Soviet KGB headquarters fight and more. As an elite activist you follow in the footsteps of a shadow figure named Perseus, who wants to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark center of this global conspiracy alongside legendary characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new group of activists trying to stop a decade-long conspiracy. Beyond the campaign, players will bring an arsenal of Cold War weapons and equipment to the next generation of multiplayer and zombie experiences. Welcome to the edge. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War. More information is available at www.callofduty.com. © 2020 Activision Publishing, Inc. AKTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.